Monday, February 18, 2008

Satisfaction

Climbing on the...creepers of my... stretched out nerves... throbbed up veins... reaching for the... top the bottom... side the anything... blinking deranged... is it just a ... passing madness... closing in on... a canvas plain... I cant hear no...satisfaction... wiping out my ... starving brain... pour me some more... coffee will ya... stuff me with your... drugs inane... close me up and ...put me down and... clean my filthy wounds agape... close the eyes and... draw in breath and... fold the arms and... glow in prayer... to save my soul so...tear me down and... break my bones and...pick me clean then... sew back my remains... this part of me...is better than good so...this part don't fit so... mangle it and... pretty it clean and ... I'm good as new again...

almost...

cardboard tastes and... washboard whites for... surfboard sights and... stir bored lives... watch endless cries...but sit down quiet... and play with mice...in spineless disguise... be vomitable nice... all polite and wise... when its not my life... under the vise... squeezed slow and sure... every day of every year... every minute to ...just be here... in a barren earth... raped for daily wage... looted pillaged...for a future age... that never will come... that never can come... lemmings go home... drown your own... drown me out too... my reason left its throne ...

long ago...

strumming bongo... in my head... zapped up chorus...bouncing lead... must lie down and... rest in cold when... sweeping vistas... dance past just then... flickers on glass like... here and gone... did I see them... or am I alone... with my jungle drum and... boring drone and... failing ideas and... pulled up socks and ...kicked in rocks and...sucked in stomach and... sucked out luck and... put on airs and... put out stares and... fall out hairs and... dolled up cares and... dulled out wares and... fade out fairs and... monotone rails and ... erratic flails and... mind on the wail on ...sadistic trails and... unholy grails and ... dreams on sale and... hopes up frail set on... played up sails on... murky water pails and... inevitable fails and... soaring tales to... cast a veil on... realities stale and... prospects pale

Satisfaction...satisfaction...satisfaction...satisfaction...beatific benign...so close on the heels of... ennuied mind ... who wants to find... satisfaction...satisfaction... at the base of the ... spiralling climb

How to be what you can be, junk, damn junk in your energy
How to walk in dignity with throw up on your shoes
They amplified the autumn, 1979

- Ignoreland, REM

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mac, Antigone :)!!! Its just a rabid foul mood that is becoming somewhat of a recordbreaker :((

    ReplyDelete