Monday, October 05, 2015

ohare...igi...maa




September was a hard month for me. I lost my family, my yoga teacher, my job and my home. Ok, to moderate the melodrama, they just moved away, its temporary but isnt everything? After a 14 hour flight where I was required to do nothing but vacillate, I am more at peace with life and times. At least I have a plan and hope. Doing nothing in between, is after all, the dream.

The flight was surprisingly uneventful, had a flavor of the Grand Trunk Express in AC, complete with a symphony of miserable tots, pantry car, and disapproving paati in first class. Food was awesome!

IGI Airport is beautiful, overhaul totally worked. Food court has kabutars, obviously. I expect they are the next purely indoor species, after call center and software engineers. Rs.125 for idli sambar. I experienced a rare food based discretion and did not buy it. Going to be money free for next yeh long, the have nots will have to wait. Course, I did tip the airline ten times that, so its unlikely im flush with new found wisdom, but every bit counts. Hope spouse and mommy dont read this one.

Moving on to next Aircraft based Adventure. Pass a Starbucks, a Cafe Coffee Day, waitaminit, coffee is Rs 150 wtf? Im weakening on the Idli Stand. Pass Oman Air, other than the odd family, mostly mallu guys going for jobs. At least some things havent changed. Finally on Terminal 19B to Chennai. I used to take bus 19B from KK Nagar to school when I was 15. Apparently I have been upgraded. Delhi is 37 deg, Chennai should be lovely :)

After acquiring a certain degree of fatness, and various yuppie phobias, I will now be entering the direct range of the old tartar's area of effect spells. Sighhhhh

*Pic is a giant nipple sculpture in middle of IGI airport, other side is the Buddha, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment