Sunday, July 26, 2020

the rise of strangers


for I peeled the curtain
stared at you, for a minute
an hour a year
and you were hate, like love
you were bright like the sun
you were sharp, and true
beautiful entrancing
but the curtain fell
as curtains fall
the grass began to grow
the miles began to spin
and I saw it happen
and thought to myself
oh I am, I am always so slow
to the uptake, to the truth
then you were times a thousand
and I didnt know, that to you
I was times a million
that warm comforting spread
of backup
its good to be king
the grass does not grow
and the hates are a billion grid
of bits and bytes
growing faster and faster
and soon you see a grid
of nulls, they're all alike
you know some, they glow some
they move some
crawl out their crawlspace
and anger and anxiety storm
on a billions scale
why cannot you just be the same
and grow with the speed
of still grass and bones
do within the do
be within the be
so my sense of order can grow
sating my urge to prove
under pain of death
that I am, I am, better than you
otherwise, in this sea
this infinite grill
whats the point of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment