Friday, April 06, 2007

Ol' Paint


The woods are lovely, long and deep, I’d rather stay, than go to sleep (Or sumfin of that kind :) ...This is a picture I am currently planning to paint...

I’ve embarked on a painting frenzy lately. I now own about 18 different brushes (Sizes ranging from highbrow pencil to industrial broom)...All the while, I have this thought going like a broken record in my mind - "A picture is worth a thousand words"...Well mine are still very young...They can say "hi" n "mamma" "dadda" but then they get stumped... Am slowly painting two syllable pictures.

Someday I will paint a "War and Peace"...Hopefully someone will be charitable to mankind and drown me before I’m done....Like Lord Tolstoy should have been...Of course, if I were his generation, I would have spent my life savings to visit him, just once, shake his hand, and say - "What were you THINKING?"

So what I am trying to achieve with toxic colors is "deep"... Some beautiful thought, some fleeting image that will forever change the history of the universe... Unfortunately all my most beautiful thoughts are about food... Can I paint a timeless piece of chocolate and not be thought a pig? That’s an artists eternal dilemma for you... Maybe if I put blood in a corner to represent all human suffering? And some drool on the side, for come on, one has to respect the chocolate...

My output? Well I bought this very artsy looking canvas board and played with my brushes on it, thereby producing something of outstanding ugliness ... I am planning to send it to the Louvre... If only I could see their faces when they opened it...These small joys in life...Another hallmark work of mine would be a half finished black cat that looks like, well, um, a giant black squiggle on a whitish board (I smoothly knocked over my paint water onto that one)

The entire area that I paint in has been cordoned off in yellow...There’s a stuffed toy (I SWEAR it was a gift :) that took a low blow in yellow paint ...My table now has serious self esteem problems (yellow, blue and a virulent green) ...The area smells of napalm...The floors are awash with strange chemicals...Mommy is regretting having me again...All in a days work...

I get ticked off, though, with all these high faultin books teaching painting ..."Visualize the canvas and let the strokes flow with greater depth of heart" ... This invaluable piece of advice came with a book that had a price tag of 2000 rupees... I mean, I tried reaching into the depths of my heart but my tonsils were in the way...

But the good thing is I am finally getting in touch with my feminine side... Painting ugly pictures has a curiously calming effect... I know what you’re thinking (self-portrait!!!)... Well maybe, someday, when I’m feeling extraordinarily lacking in inspiration...

Seriously, painting does have a very soothing effect on the mind...I cannot imagine why (Substance additive in the paint?) ...Maybe creating something of (dubious) beauty, for no other reason than that we can, brings satisfaction??



3 comments:

  1. this is your painting
    amazing!
    i have ve gone through sevral blogs of yours.
    Incidenatlly I am among the minority of men whom you calssify as decent.The one on slf defense,your poems,and of coyrse the ant and the sad suicide ....
    WOW
    you are talented..
    Where are your other paintings..??
    I am proud to be knowing you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least one painting of yours (the famous squiggle of yours) should be uploaded in the blog. May be your creatve composition may make people look at your squiggle in a completely different light.
    you have a great sense of humor lady. incidentally in this photograph you look much younger....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sampath :)!!...I am truly flattered...Yes I already counted you in the minority :) ...

    No I didnt paint this, its my muse, I tried but never got around to finish painting it :) ...

    I will see if I can find a squiggle I can publicly admit to :( ... Do keep writing, I really enjoy your stories!!!!

    ReplyDelete