Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Smoke and Mirrors

open your dreams and look inside
for a flash of smoke on a lonely night
a fleeting hope, a guiding insight
sometimes the same, from the other side
sometimes, just a place to hide

just an ordinary soul, in a paper hat crown
saving the world with a melancholy song
just a gilt French window, against your searching face
sparkling silver darkened, to a shadow effaced

don’t hold your hand out
no, dear heart, it isn’t me
you’re looking for,
its answers, the promised key
to life, the twisted mystery
it’s you, you want to see

6 comments:

  1. Obviously, I won't go into details here.. But babe, I needed to read this. Especially today. Especially now!!!

    Each time you write I feel that its your best! Lol! Are you sure you're not some famous poetess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mackie, feels wonderful that I could help :)!

    No darling, no such thing, im nobody and dats cold turkey... I'm ... gosh i dunno :(( ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you say that again you're not my friend anymore! Hmmmmpffhhh!!
    Even Nobody isn't a nobody!
    Hmmpfffh!!

    You and your words are magical you pig! Now don't go all modest on me :D
    *hugssssssssssssss*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah dont be so emo, angel :) ... Well if u say so... I am having a moment of rare modesty... Capture it quick :D :D ... But thanks, dear, it helps to hear that when one feels down an out :(!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT? YOU DARED TO SAY YOU ARE A NOBODY?
    nevermind, you are a minority here...the rest, MaC, me and all the others, KNOW that ur a gifted poetess...so, sorry babe, losing battle against us.:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antigone, if ya say so :D ... I believe I believe!!! Thanks babe!!

    ReplyDelete