Sunday, February 22, 2009

a review of dilli 6

I was not very enthusiastic about going to this movie. Apart from preferring to lie around to activity at all discrete times, the fact is indian movies do not have a lot to interest me. I am not wildly fond of either inconsolable depression or artificial joy as mediums of entertainment.

Well, I did go I did watch and I am stunned speechless. It almost slipped by, the sheer brilliance of that movie, I can safely say it is one of the best movies I have ever seen. No wonder the reviews were oscillating between two extremes, the movie has two very distinct levels, it makes me so proud to think an Indian made it!

I have developed a semi-phenomenal crush on Rakesh Omprakash Mehra after this movie, he has come far from Rang De Basanti, and (shudder) Aks. Amazing man, hubba hubba!

As a perfectly corrigible gambler, I happen to think gambling is as much a science as art.This movie cannot but have an impact, dunno if it will be a hit, hope so, it is certainly a beautifully constructed gamble.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved it too! Didn't you love how poetically he had used music in the movie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kavitha, cool glad u loved it too :)!

    the music was awesome, in parts though, the acoustics in the theater I went to weren't too great...but im getting this one on dvd to check that out in more detail...

    ReplyDelete